Are you planning a winter wedding and stumped on what type of dress to get? Think that the designers out there have never really even think of a wedding dress for winter, much less designed one? Well, you do not have to worry about freezing to death at your wedding, here are six tips to help you find that perfect dress for your big day:
1. There are plenty of beautiful strapless and spaghetti strapped gowns out there that you can choose for your dress. While this sounds odd, you can easily find a beautiful white faux fur coat to wear over it, or a faux fur wrap. Many will have warm muffs that will also help to keep your hands warm as well. There are many brides that have gone with this look lately as it provides a beautiful way to add some elegance to your day.
2. Change how you wear your hair and keep it down instead of wearing it up. For girls with long hair, this is a great way to keep your shoulders warm and not have to compromise much on your hair style. You can easily wear a veil or tiara, and still have beautiful hair. (For girls with shorter hair, this may not be an option for you.) By leaving your hair down, you will be able to choose any type of dress that you like and keep your shoulders warm.
3. There are some dress makers that have beautiful capes and matching muffs that you can choose to wear over your dress when you are outside. So, you can easily choose the dress of your dreams and have a beautiful wedding at the same time. It helps you to turn just about any dress into a winter wedding dress.
4. Change your way of thinking a bit and choose a different colored dress – such as light blue or burgundy – and then wear a white faux fur stole over it that wraps around your shoulders. This is a beautiful way to add some glamor to your dress and still allow you the different style choices that you crave.
5. When looking for a wedding dress, keep in mind what time of year you are getting married in and what your options are. There are some dresses that have a sheer top or skirt that may not be the warmest option for a winter dress – but there are other dresses that offer thicker material that will help to keep you warm during the ceremony. You can choose velvet, wool, heavy satin, and other materials that you could not choose in the summer time but will be perfect for the winter.
6. If you find that you are having trouble picking out a winter wedding dress, take a break from searching. Sometimes when you are trying too hard or trying to rush your decision, you might pick out a dress that you do not like. Make sure that you keep plenty of time to choose the dress that is perfect for you – and not settle for something less.
It can seem like the hardest thing in the world to choose a winter wedding dress – but it is not impossible. There are plenty of options that will keep you warm and still look beautiful. Of course, if you start looking well in advance, you can easily find one that will be perfect for you.